The Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP), an initiative of Community Health Advocates (CHA), provides education and assistance to small businesses regarding health care and health insurance. SBAP is a statewide network of 13 agencies that can provide your small business with free presentations and one-on-one counseling on various topics, such as:
- Understanding and accessing the small business tax credits under health care reform
- Available options when choosing health insurance for your employees, including Healthy NY, public health insurance, and other small group, and commercial or job-based coverage options.
- Assistance with transitions in coverage and COBRA
- Understanding and commenting on proposed insurance rate increases under New York’s new prior approval law
- How to choose a broker and how they can help
- The pros and cons of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and other small group products
- The design and development of the State’s Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Exchange
- And many more!
For more information on the SBAP program or if you have questions about insurance for small businesses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-614-5400.