- What type of questions can Community Health Advocates help me with?
- How do I contact Community Health Advocates?
- How much do Community Health Advocate’s services cost?
- I am uninsured and worried about health care. How can I get more information about getting care I can afford?
- Confidentiality is important to me. Are Community Health Advocate’s services confidential?
- I prefer to speak to an advocate in person, rather than over the phone. Is this possible?
- I am an advocate and I think that Community Health Advocate’s information would be useful to my agencies clients. How can I find out more?
- I would like to order some of Community Health Advocates Publications. How do I do this?
- Is Community Health Advocates connected with a Health Plan?
- How are the Community Health Advocate network agencies chosen? Can my agency become part of the network?
A. Community Health Advocates provides health and insurance coverage information, advice and navigational assistance to uninsured and insured New Yorkers. We can assist people with Medicaid, Family Health Plus, Child Health Plus, Medicare, Commercial insurance, COBRA and more!
Basically, we help you get, keep and use health coverage or to access an alternative form of health care. We are here to ensure you have access to the health care you need.
A. You have three options:
- Click here to complete a short intake form that will be emailed directly to us and answered via phone or email.
- Call the CHA Helpline directly at (888) 614-5400
- Use the CHA Network Agency Map to find the agency nearest you and contact them directly.
Q. I am uninsured and worried about health care. How can I get more information about getting care I can afford?
A. Community Health Advocates are here to help you learn about the range of insurance options available, as well as free or discounted care in New York.
A. Community Health Advocates uses its best efforts to respect the privacy of its online visitors. At our site, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This information is never sold to third parties. Community Health Advocates will share personally identifiable information with third parties ONLY when the person submitting the information authorizes us to share it or we are required to by law.
Read Community Health Advocates full confidentiality terms and policy by clicking here.
A. CHA has 30 agencies located all over New York. One may be just around the corner from you. Here you can speak to an advocate in person about your questions, in your language. CHA agencies communicate in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Polish, Yiddish, Hebrew, Urdu, Arabic, Bengali, Punjabi and American Sign Language.
All of the Community Health Advocate network agencies are able to meet with clients in person at their offices. Just call the agency closest to you to make an appointment of find out about walk-in hours. CHA Network Agency Map.
Q. I am an advocate and I think that Community Health Advocate’s information would be useful to my agencies clients. How can I find out more?
A. Community Health Advocates offer free Information Sessions to educate advocates and consumers on all aspects of managed care and public health insurance. These sessions are offered to human service providers to raise awareness of these issues and ensure that as many people as possible are enrolled in and educated about the health insurance programs available in New York. Current Community Health Advocates Information Sessions include:
- Eligibility and Enrollment
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Medicare Basics
- HIV+ Options
- Options for the Uninsured (when created)
Community Health Advocates also offers a quarterly series of trainings in-house at CSS for social service professionals on health insurance programs and the mechanics of managed care under Medicaid, Medicare, Child Health Plus and Family Health Plus. Please click on the link to see a list of the current trainings at CSS: https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=SPRI60E&OID=110.
For information on the Information Sessions or trainings, click here for assistance or call our Helpline at (888) 614-5400.
A. Community Health Advocates create a range of publications to educate consumers and advocates on how to get, keep and use health coverage. Click here to view the range of publication available online. Call the Community Health Advocates helpline at (888) 614-5400 if you are interested in ordering FREE printed versions of these materials.
A. No, Community Health Advocates has no affiliation with health plans or insurances. We will help you find the insurance or plan to best suit your health needs.
Q. How are the Community Health Advocate network agencies chosen? Can my agency become part of the network?
A. Community Health Advocate’s network agencies are selected through a competitive bidding process. To date, the program has released two Request For Proposals (RFPs) and currently subcontracts with 30 agencies throughout New York. For information about the RFP process, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.